Popular Posts

Monday, August 1, 2011

My new book on ‘Everything You Want to Know About Ghosts (But Were Afraid to Ask)’

By:


“I’m sure you know there are already so many books written about ghosts,” said a wide reader and scholarly friend of mine. “So why write another one?”
“I know that,” I replied. “But most of the books available locally are written by Western authors relating experiences with ghosts in their own countries. No doubt many of these books are interesting, too, but they are nevertheless foreign to us.
“I wanted to write about things that happen to our fellow Filipinos in the Philippines and provide answers to the numerous questions I have been asked by readers of this column and by listeners to my weekly radio program over DZMM during the last 15 years.”
I realized that our people’s fascination with ghosts and other inhabitants of the spirit world has not waned. On the contrary, it has been increasing. Many questions keep on being asked of me year in and year out.
And this is what gave rise to the idea of writing my latest book, which I called “Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Ghosts (But Were Afraid to Ask).” This 17th book of mine is published by Anvil Publishing Inc., which has also published most of my previous books. And it will be launched today, July 19, 6 p.m., at the National Book Store branch in Glorietta 5, Ayala Center, Makati City.
Two parts
The introduction was written by my fellow PDI Lifestyle columnist and good friend, Cory Quirino.
Tonight’s book launching will consist of welcome remarks by Anvil’s assistant general manager and CEO, Karina Bolasco, and an invocation to be read by well-known celebrity dermatologist Vicki Belo, who is also a graduate of my courses before she became a household word.
This will be followed by Cory Quirino, who will relate her many encounters with spirits of the dead since she was 12 years old. Movie actor and environmentalist Roy Alvarez will introduce yours truly. Lastly, it’ll be my turn for a brief speech. During the book signing, cocktails will be served, courtesy of Annabel Tanco of the famous Bizu restaurant in Makati.
The book consists of two distinct but complementary parts. The first consists of commonly asked questions about ghosts, and the second contains true stories and personal encounters with ghosts by ordinary individuals, some of whom didn’t believe ghosts existed before their extraordinary encounters with them.
Questions
Some of the questions answered in this book are:
1. “Do ghosts have emotions?”
2. “Do they grow old?”
3. “Is it true the newly departed person stays for 40 days before he leaves?”
4. “Is it possible for ghosts to make a phone call?”
5. “What does the afterlife look like?” etc.
Part 2 of the book consists of 20 amazing stories and essays, such as text messages from the dead, inanimate objects coming to life, paranormal happenings in the work place, spirits that have sex with humans, my own encounters with ghosts and many more.

Source:  http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/5991/my-new-book-on-%E2%80%98everything-you-want-to-know-about-ghosts-but-were-afraid-to-ask%E2%80%99

No comments:

Post a Comment